DME CAD Resources
The CAD Data You Need
With this resource, drawings and calculations that used to take hours now take just a few minutes. You can build an entire mold, insert additional parts and download the specifications and drawings directly to your CAD program.
You have two options for accessing CAD data. Scroll down and check them out.
CAD Download (No Login Required)
Access CAD data below or through our eSTORE. No login or password is required.
Two options for CAD data without login:
- locate a product or item in the catalog
- direct links to CAD data are incorporated into the page
Integrally Heated Hot Sprue Bushing CAD
DME PARTcommunity Global Parts Library (Login Required)
DME PARTcommunity Global Parts Library gives you access to the DME CAD library online. A PARTcommunity login ID is required, which you can acquire online. You can configure products easily, and get models faster with direct download to your computer instead of waiting for an e-mail.
Download CAD files in various application formats from our vast CAD libraries. Click the red button above.
Need help downloading data? Send an email to email@example.com
DME CAD Guidelines
At DME we have an assortment of Electronic CAD Communication media which enabloes customers having all levels of computer expertise to send CAD data.
- The prefered CAD formats include: Parasolid, STEP, DXF and DWG.
- The software DME uses for 3D data is Solidworks.
CAD File Transmission Options
Send CAD files, which are under 10MB zipped, as a files attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upload CAD files to our ftp site: ftp://ftp.milacron.com/dme/incoming
If you have more than one file for the same job please zip or compress into one file and copy your files to the incoming folder. Please note: this is a secure folder which does not allow the files to be listed, you will only be able to see your file after the copy process is done and you have refreshed your screen. You cannot create or copy folders to this site, only files. After placing your file on our ftp site, please send an emial to email@example.com with the file name and any special instructions you may require.
General CAD File Guidelines
– Always include your DME account number, company name, contact name and phone number with your CAD data.
– Always include instructions as to what to do with your CAD data. For example, is manifold work and/or mold base work to be quoted and/or ordered?
– Please supply fully dimensioned 2D drawings, a 3D model and a complete bill of materials including steel type of plates
– Preferable CAD formats are dwg for 2D drawings, and stp (step), x_t (parasolid) for 3D drawings.
– Clearly identify tolerances you require. In the absence of tolerances, DME will assume our standard tolerances are acceptable
– If your CAD file is complex, provide individual plate details
– If you use layers or levels in your design, please supply a legend that describes information on each layer
– Do not supply cavity or core data unless required by Hot Runner Design, or place it on a layer which is easily removable
– We will be machining from your data, therefore you are responsible for the accuracy of your geometry and all files provided 3D,2D, etc. are consistent with one another
We look forward to supporting you.
Hot Runner Service & Repair
Controller Repair & Calibration
Mold Flow Services
Barrel Repair & Resleeving
Terms of Sale
Asia: (86-775) 8601.9031